Life's a beach

Life's a beach
Life's a beach
2 November 2013 Scarborough Beach, Western Australia – Sunsets and sundowners


Sundowner at Scarborough Beach - a perfect
antidote to a 5 hour flight
Our 5 hour flight from Brisbane left on time and was, by and large, smooth bar some turbulence and aerobatics as we descended into Perth. Just when I think I have cracked this flying thing the old irrational fears sneak in the back door and goose me. This time my discomfort may have stemmed from missing the last 20 minutes of 'Now you see me', a film about magicians who also rob banks. It was very frustrating. Next time I'll just ask the captain to continue circling until the film is finished.


The first of many attempts to capture a perfect
sunset at Scarborough Beach
On landing Hertz had failed miserably, again. Our fast-track pick up hadn't been logged so we had to queue for 20 minutes. Don't they know who I am? The young guy on the desk was harassed and, to my eyes, only a few months away from his first heart attack. Still, he apologised and upgraded our car, so we didn't get stressed by it. The Australian mantra "no worries" seems to have a remarkably calming effect. After our crash in Queensland we're both a bit wary of nodding off at the wheel, so I downed a double espresso before heading off.


 
Oh not another sunset picture.
Inevitably, I got lost leaving the airport, not helped by some confusing instructions from the lady riding shotgun and too much caffeine. Thereafter, I switched to autopilot (AKA the sat nav) and we were soon on the right road to Scarborough Beach (SB). SB is a suburb about 20 kilometres NW of Perth itself. We found our B&B easily and met our new hosts, Robert and Ken, who made us very welcome. First order of business was a glass (or two) of wine and some home made canapés on the balcony to watch the sun set over the Indian Ocean. Our hosts then prepared a delicious meal for us. An idyllic start to our time on the west coast.

The apartment is lovely with panoramic views over the ocean. We also have access to 2 pools (indoor and outdoor) and a gym so I think we will do very little for the next few days except chill. No worries.
 
A margarita at sunset, the only green flash we saw
that day

No comments:

Post a Comment